Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Yoko Furusho

You may have noticed in on my corkboard I have a gorgeous card from one of my favorite artists, Yoko Furusho . Her work caught my eye in an unlikely place- at the grocery store in the free newspaper stand. A beautifully illustrated cover made me pick up Chopsticks NY, and I immediately googled her. I went to Destination NY, a cool retail store/ gallery space, where she had installation, "Exhale" of not only her prints, but amazing fabric works, stuffed mushrooms, hanging floating people, and richly layered stained, stuffed, and printed fabric framed on the wall. Her work is amazing, she's definitely one to watch and has an upcoming show at the Society of Illustrators in NY.


picture via Yoko Furusho
picture via Yoko Furusho



picture via Yoko Furusho


picture via Yoko Furusho


picture via Yoko Furusho



A beautiful interpretation of one of my favorite writers/ directors, Michel Gondry picture via Yoko Furusho



Exhale show at Destination NY picture via Yoko Furusho



Postcard from Exhale show



Chopsticks NY Yoko Furosho covers



No comments:

Post a Comment